Thursday, July 19, 2012

On the Dangerous Korean Highway

Ahhh, it took so freaking long to get here that it's still difficult to believe that I've actually arrived. The flying wasn't really that terrible. Actually, yeah, it was that terrible. My wrists were aching from carrying my luggage with me, then my elbows, my feet, ankles, knees, basically every joint in my body. I did score an awesome seat on the flight from Honolulu to Incheon--the plane was probably 70% empty so I moved to the middle aisle and put up the armrests and laid down. Magic. But it still wasn't enough to make me want to fly again anytime soon.

I HAVE TO FLY AGAIN IN FOUR WEEKS. I'm going to cry now.

Okay, I couldn't cry. I'm probably still dehydrated.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense. Anyway, let me try to think of things chronologically so that they make more sense.

I met my friend at the airport and she drove me to my other friend's house. Then she drove me to her house and we had dinner (samgyupsal!) and then I took the best, most amazing, wonderful shower of my life and fell asleep.

Today, after waking up and getting my backpack packed up, she and I went for breakfast and then I tried to figure out a way to get to Gapyeong from Bundang.... not possible. So I ended up going to the bus terminal I was most familiar with (it's in Gangbeon) and took the bus to Cheongpyeong where I took a taxi to Surijae and now I'm sitting at my uncle's house in my pajamas with a pair of poo socks on.
Because I know people won't believe that....



Now I want to relax and try to get over my tired-ness so I can be fully awake and ready for the weekend. 


Or at least... semi-functional.

No comments: