Monday, July 23, 2012

Into Magic Straight Hair

I'm getting my hair did as we speak, y'all. Technology at its finest. I'm in Bundang with my friend Tina, who is in the process of studying to get her teaching license. She was nice enough to take some time out of her day to go with me to this fancy salon where I am getting a magic straight perm. No, really, the name of the perm is Magic Straight. It probably is magic, too, for all I know because it's the one thing that reliably can make my mess of hair into something tolerable.... Dare I say nice-looking, even. And because Tina is getting her hair done too but hers is taking longer, they're giving me a free conditioning treatment while I wait.

I love Korea. I might never come back.

Oh wait, I have a job. And a car. And a boyfriend. I guess I'll go back.

The past few days have been crazy busy. I got to visit the Hello Kitty cafe! And revisit some old familiar places in the form of Jamsil and Coex and Hongdae. Not to mention exploring Bundang, which is a really nice city. Lots of things to do and easy to not get lost. That last part is important because I've had some bad luck with getting turned around in the past.

Visiting my uncle's house was nice, too. It's very calm there so I was able to finally start feeling like a human again with the copious amount of relaxing that I did. Plus, I love my aunt's kimchi. So seriously good. It makes me cry a little.

Not really.

Tomorrow I will report for duty at the summer camp and then work nonstop until its time to go home. I'm ready for that, too. Well, I'm ready for the paycheck I'll receive at the end of the camp, which is practically the same thing as being ready to work. Isn't it? I do wish the camp weren't in Incheon, because it's so far from everything I know and love but then again, it gives me the opportunity to explore a new part of the country... In the scant amount of free time that I'll be available to me.

Is it bad that I'm already dreading the flight home? And the subsequent working that will take place almost immediately after my arrival? Or that I've already been checking for days off once the school year starts? I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments: