Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Walk on the Sidewalk: Rediscovering Korea and Getting Blisters

View from my room at Yonsei Songdo Campus
Blisters! I have four of them on my feet! I knew it was going to happen but I didn't expect it to be so soon. On the bright side, though, I have installed myself into my room at the summer camp and am pretty well-pleased. The room is nice, my coworkers seem nice, my TA seems nice, everything seems nice. The food seems fishy, which is less than nice but oh well. You win some, you lose some. At least I don't have to share my room, that would make me really sad. I was going to do laundry today because thankfully there is a laundry room but once I finished with dinner and got upstairs, I was too tired to even think about venturing out again. I imagine that I'm going to be in a state of perpetual tiredness for the next three weeks. Then I'll still be tired because I'll have to start working. I should have thought about all this.

Today I traveled from Bundang to the far side (subway wise) of Incheon. It took two hours. TWO HOURS ON THE SUBWAY. And I got to sit the whole time. Unexpected and awesome because I was toting around two, (count 'em) two suitcases. Sure,  they're carry-on sized but still cumbersome and unwieldy. I was glad that I made it here and could drop them off and walk around without an accompanying rolling noise. It sounded like thunder. No, it didn't. I'm not sure why I wrote that.

I get to wash my hair tomorrow! I love getting the Magic Straight treatment on my hair but being unable to wash your hair  or even tie it up in summer is pretty difficult to handle.

Also, I would totally go to school here. They  have a coffee shop in the basement! Man, Korea.

No comments: